July 27, 2013

Island Birthday

I'm getting a little behind in my blogging, so I'm going to try and get caught up here in the next few days. Let the blogging blitz commence.

Let's go back to one of the most important days of the year. July 17. This beautiful day is my birthday! Woo.

I'm used to spending my birthday at home celebrating with close friends and family. So to be honest, I was dreading this birthday a bit. After it was all said and done though, it was one of the best birthdays I've had.

The Saturday before my birthday, I spent the day with Ann and Chelsea at Pagua Bay. Pagua Bay Resort is a beautiful resort on the Atlantic side. They have the most delicious food. And a lovely pool that has an area where you can lay your chairs in the pool and really soak up the sun.

The drive to Pagua is a just over an hour as it is beyond the airport a bit. For whatever reason, the ride didn't hit particularly well with my stomach, so we made a stop at the airport to get some fresh air. And some great photos. The airport road is lined with painted advertisements.


Melville Hall Airport Runway

The girls surprised me with balloons, muffins and of course, a party hat. The weather was perfect, and the food did not disappoint. A perfect way to relax with the girls and enjoy the day.






After spending the day in the sun, we headed back to Picard. Matt told me Chelsea needed to come to the apartment to get a book for Cole, so the girls and I all came upstairs to grab that. But when I walked in, I opened the door to see so many of our friends singing happy birthday, Matt holding a birthday cake lit with candles and the apartment decorated with streamers and balloons. I was completely shocked!

Matt then put the cake down on the counter, and told me I need to come over there to blow them out. Then he showed me all of the photos of our friends and family who sent pictures of themselves to help me blow out my candles. It was such an overwhelming moment to see so many photos of you all. Such a great idea.





We spent the evening enjoying the delicious cake and the food everyone brought to share. I can't thank my island family, and my friends and family and home, and most of all my wonderful husband for making this birthday so special. I couldn't have asked for anything more. 

On my actual birthday, I told Matt all I wanted was to sleep in, watch movies and enjoy the A/C. We don't use the A/C during the day because the electricity is so expensive. So it was a perfect birthday treat! I soaked it up by sleeping late and watching Netflix in the cool air all day. Oh the things you become grateful for.

All in all, it was definitely one of the best birthdays I've had to date. I still got to celebrate with friends and family, and had a bit of an island spin on it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...