February 1, 2014

Preparing for A Visit

Big news! My mom is coming to visit in one week! She arrives on Sunday, Feb. 9 and will be staying until Feb. 14.

I couldn't be more excited!

Not only do I have my planner full of things to show her, but I'm also thrilled to be able to share this experience with another family member. It's a way for us to really show how we live here, what a beautiful place Dominica is and have someone else to share the memories with for years to come.

So, like I said, I have my planner all full so we will be able to get the most out of her stay. I'll be taking her to my favorite places I've been such as Scott's Head, Screw Spa, Kalinago Territory, Emerald Pool, Trafalger Falls and more. We will also go whale watching and visit Secret Beach here in Picard. And of course there will be a trip to the market to see my favorite basket ladies!

Even better, Matt has an exam on Monday, so he will have Monday afternoon and Tuesday where he can join us. This poor guy has only ever been to Rosalie Bay and whale watching when we first arrived. So he's looking forward to enjoying the island a bit as well.

When I asked my mom what she wanted to be sure and do while she was here, she replied with, 'seeing the grocery store.' This makes me laugh! Mom is just so interested in seeing how the people really live and seeing the true culture other than the commercialized side of things. I'll make sure we visit the grocery store in her time here as well.

Other than getting ready for mom to come, we've settled back in our routines. Matt has his first clinical exam this week and then a mini next week. We are also getting ready to apply for our fifth semester location.

We're also starting to sell several items that we won't be needing. It's exciting to be at that point already! There is a Ross student's Craigslist group on Facebook where we can post the things we want to sell that way. It makes me pretty easy.

We made a trip into Portsmouth which is always interesting. Saturday mornings are especially busy with the market, but the streets are bustling, religious music is blaring and all of the bright colors just put you in a good mood.

Portsmouth Police Station
Chicken's walking around the streets of Portsmouth. Watch out, Mom.
Not a very exciting update, but I'm sure there will be more to come as the semester moves forward!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...