September 9, 2012

A Coconut Nut

So yes, still behind on the blog. But I'm going to make up for it by posting an adorable video of Landon singing. That's worth the wait.

It was so good to see him again. It's amazing at how fast kids grow up. In just the few short weeks that I was away, he grew so much in just his mannerisms alone.

Including one night, when Sheila and I were in Indy, Sheila was on the phone with Chris. After trying to get Chris's attention for awhile and being unsuccessful, he finally says, "Daddy, it's really important that I interrupt you right now. My bicycle is broken." The kid is three!

Sheila and Chris - you're in for it.



Landon understands we're in the Bahamas - or as he calls it, the Bahamamas. He says that his Uncle Matt is going to become a doctor to make people feel better. And that we have to take a big airplane to get here.

He loves hearing the stories about the shells, turtles and the ocean, and he's even afraid that a crab might pinch us.

I brought him home a shell, and the first thing he did was ask if there was a crab in it. Then he asked if the ocean was in it and if he could hear it. Can you get any cuter?!

The one thing he loves more though is coconuts. When we Skype, he'll end the conversation with "I love you coconut!" The kid is obsessed. (If he doesn't call me coconut, he'll call me Toots. Where he learned that, I have no idea.)

We got him a coconut turned piggy bank which he thought was pretty cool. Especially when Grandpa gave him monies to put in it.




Landon even has a coconut song! Get ready for this...



Was that worth the wait? I figured it would be.

So while we're on a role, Landon also enjoyed playing with my galoshes when I was home.



He was fairly successful walking in them. It was the sitting down that was a bit more difficult. 



I'm anxious to see how much he grows in the coming 2.5 months or 10 weeks that we're gone. But who's counting..
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...