Matt's final is next Thursday. So needless to say, he is preparing in many different ways for Mini 3.
This week's schedule has been altered a bit to accommodate time for more review sessions. However, they are still learning new material until Thursday.
Starting this Friday, there will be review sessions every day up until next Thursday's test. The first half of Mini 3 will cover the material learned after Mini 2 till current. The second half is a cumulative test for the semester. They get four hours to complete the test.
Here's his strategy for these last couple of weeks:
- First, make sure to learn all of the new material.
- Second, go back and review all of the previous material. It's important to understand the concepts and high yield topics.
- Third, knowing how all the materials relates to one another.
- Doing several Q & As to figure out where there are holes in his knowledge.
- Finally, focusing on the now. He's trying not to get wrapped up in going home or thinking about Dominica.
Here are a few things he's doing to prepare physically for the Mini.
- Sleeping well! His goal is to be in bed by 10 p.m. - no later than 11 p.m.
- He's planning on getting up around 5:30 a.m. to get some studying in before the review sessions.
- Eating well. Suppose that means I'll be making Taco Pie.
- Start running again. (Poor guy has gained about 15 lbs. since we got here from just sitting around and studying all the time.) The running will keep his mind fresh and just help to make him feel better overall.
So while Matt's head is in the books, I'm preparing for Dominica. I've checked several things off of my shopping list thanks to online shopping. I'm a little overwhelmed by the fact we will have to ship everything the first week in December to be sure it arrives when we do. That means, we have two weeks to get our Visas sent in and finish shopping so we can ship. Yikes!