October 18, 2012

One Month!

ONE MORE MONTH!

One month from today we will be flying home. Home sweet home.

I had my first nightmare about flying, so I guess that's a sign it's getting close.

I am so very excited about going home to fall weather, good food, family, EMMY, friends, driving on the right side, having a car, Target, MCALISTERS, mexican food, no sugar ants... I could go on and on. But I'll stop there.

Oh just one more - my cell phone! It will be a fully operational iPhone again instead of it functioning as a iPod touch. Ok, I promise I'll stop now.

As Matt and I are relishing our one month mark, we also received a packet of information to prepare for Dominica. We will have about two weeks or so to get the materials together for our visas which entails getting health forms, background checks, booking flights, applying for loans and more! That will be fun. And by fun I mean terrible.

So I'm doing my best to get things organized here as best I can to help that process go as smoothly as possible. And if you know me at all, that means I made lists. Spreadsheets actually. I spent a few hours on it last night. That's helped calm the nerves a bit.

We've also had a few things happen this week to remind us how blessed we are. One of them being the beautiful fall foliage sent to us which are now decorating our apartment here. A little touch of home! We've also received some very sweet notes from friends and family. I've also been reminded how lucky I am to be in the position I am. It's certainly something Matt and I don't take for granted.

So, here's to our last month in the Bahamas! Let's hope it goes by quickly.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...