August 23, 2012

Hurricane What

TWO more days till I get to go home. Two. However, if you're watching the weather down this way, it may be a fun trip. Mr. Isaac is assuring to make this trip more eventful than I would hope.I know he's still a Tropical Storm right now. But he'll be a a hurricane soon enough.

Here's the most updated forecast at the time of the post. Just so you know, my flight leaves Freeport on Saturday a.m. I fly to Miami and then arrive in Chicago at 12:30 p.m.


So, here's hoping Isaac slows down till I can get my flight out. I don't think my nerves can handle this very well. So prayers for a safe, turbulence free, anxiety free flight would be most appreciated. And maybe a tranquilizer. 

I am so excited to go home, and I will not be fun to deal with if I can't get home. Not that I want to travel in the hurricane just to get home when it's not safe, but you know what I mean.

So, here are a few things I'm looking forward to at home! Friends and family are a given. 
  • EMMY!!!!!
  • McAlisters. Lets be honest. If you know me at all, you could have easily predicted that to be at the top of the list.
  • Any type of Mexican food. There's no real Mexican food here that I have found. And I miss some chips and salsa. 
  • Driving. 
  • A real fountain Dt. Coke.
  • Some Starbucks.
  • Being surrounded by people all day!
By looking at the forecast, it's supposed to be 90 degrees at home. Still warm, but I'm sure the humidity will be less. I've managed to fill my suitcase with items that I'm not planning on bringing back - things such as clothes we won't need, souvenirs, etc. That way, I can fill that suitcase with items we will need down here. Don't worry - I've already got a list for that. And I'm trying to figure out how I can smuggle Emmy down.

Matt has specific instructions on what to do while I'm gone. Here's hoping he won't be eating ramen all the time. Or chicken in a bag on that note. 

Funny side story - I had him pick up a few items from the grocery on his way home from campus yesterday. (The grocery is right next to campus so it's quick and easy for him to stop.) I asked him to get a few food items that he could cook in case we lose power for a few days. He shows up with a six pack of coke and a bag of chips. CHIPS and COKE. I guess he's right in that you don't need electricity or refrigeration for those. Oh my - I love my husband. And I hope that Rachel is there to watch out for him while I'm gone... 

So that's all as I probably won't post tomorrow. Unless my flight gets delayed. Then I'm sure you'll hear from me. And it won't be pleasant.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...