August 29, 2012

Refreshed

I am feeling so refreshed and happy to be home. And to be in Indy. There's something about being surrounded by familiar faces and surroundings that is just calming.

Being in Indy these past couple of days has been strange. I have had a home in Indy for the past eight years. Now is the first time since then that I have been in Indy without having a home here. I know I've only been gone a month and not much has changed in Indy. I can't decide if that's good or bad. I am staying just a couple minutes away from our old apartment - our first home, the place we got engaged, the place we started our new life together, and I can't help but feel sad we aren't still there.

It's especially hard to be in Indy without Matt. But thanks to Skype, I can still be with him in our way digital way.


Look at that face?! Who wouldn't want to be surrounded by that?

This trip home as been wonderful and I'm beyond grateful for the time here. But I'm also looking forward to getting back to Matt and to be home together. 

So enough of being sappy.

Emmy is doing well in case you were wondering. She's taking an antibiotic capsule and resting. But she is as lively as ever.

Tomorrow is our big staff retreat. A fun day with my favorite coworkers in downtown Indy - Yes, please!

Matt's doing well with his classes. He had his second quiz this past Monday and did well again. Now, he's gearing up for his first mini (test) a week from Friday!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...