July 10, 2012

The Heartstopper

One of the most important things Matt and I wanted to do before we moved is stop by our favorite restaurants for one last delightful dish. Tonight we visited Chatham Tap and took full advantage of the situation.

Chatham Tap is one of our most favorite places to eat.  We first found Chatham Tap when we lived downtown. And now, there's one on the northside. Woot!

First, the breadsticks are To. Die. For. Not literally, but you get the idea.

 Agree?

The native Hoosier in me LOVES the garlic pork tenderloin sandwich. Delicious.



 So good.

And then there's Matt's favorite dish - the Heartstopper. Yes. It is seriously called the Heartstopper.

Straight from the menu....
The Heartstopper - Two angus beef patties with three cheeses, sauteed mushrooms and onions, rasher bacon, egg and mayo. 

Yep, you read that right. Take a look at this beast of a sandwich.


 
Wow.


This sandwich never ceases to amaze me. Check out this progression.



Mmm, this is so good. I love the Heartstopper. I'm so hungry!

Half way done. It smells like breakfast and tastes like Heaven.

Who cares if its socially unacceptable to unbutton my shorts. I think I've got a baby in here.

So yea, that was our night. Now you know why you're getting those love handles my dear.

Many people have asked us what are the main dishes in the Bahamas. Again. since we haven't been before, we are trying to figure this out. Ross has a bit of information for us, and below is the paragraph on staple foods.

Peas and rice, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, chicken, fish (grouper, snapper, turbot, etc.), crawfish (lobster), conch (pronounced "konk") are standard local dishes. Locally grown fruits include bananas, papaya, guava, avocado, and mangos. Unusual fruits known to this region include sapodilla, sugar apple, hog plums, gwineps, and sea grapes.

First reaction - yuck. Peas and rice, mac and cheese and coleslaw? Disgusting. I'm a fan of chicken. But I don't eat seafood either. So, I guess my diet will consist of chicken. And fruit.

And if anyone can enlighten me with what exactly hog plums, gwineps, sapodilla and the other unusual fruits are, I would certainly appreciate it.



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Caribbean food is excellent! Rice and peas, if prepared well, taste great - and how can you go wrong with mac and cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks ah-mazing! Want to follow each other doll?

    http://7deadlyskins.blogspot.com/2012/01/happy-new-year.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...