July 22, 2012

Whirlwind

What a whirlwind this last week has been! I have a feeling this next week will be worse, though. Five more days. Five. Wasn't it just November when we got the call he was accepted? I would say we had a few things going on in the past few months to make the time pass quickly - hint: THE wedding!

But yet, we are down to our last few days at home. It's been wonderful to spend this time at home and soak up as much family time as possible. And I fully plan on taking advantage of the next few days, too!

So, as I said, this past week was a whirlwind. And you get to see it all - with plenty of pictures to make it all the more interesting.

Tuesday - otherwise known as my birthday for those of you wondering - was fantastic! I started the day with a birthday cinnamon roll. YUM!


Matt and I had lunch with my grandparents, Sheila and Landon then spent the afternoon in the pool. (Thanks Aunt Pam!) It was the first birthday I've been able to spend with my fam for awhile. My parents arranged a surprise dinner and had a few of my favorite people over. Emmy even got dressed up for the festivities! Doesn't she look great?!


Matt and I also took the time to give Landon his going away present from us. (Yes, I can find any reason to spoil this kid.)  So we got him nothing other than an adorable Build-A-Bear! We named the bear Otis.

For those of you who don't know, Otis was what we affectionately called Landon before he was born. Thankfully, Sheila and Chris decided not to keep the name in its entirety. 


We also got him
Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein. It was both Matt and I's favorite books when we were younger. 



I think it's safe to say he liked it!

Wednesday I had a birthday dinner and shopping date with my Uncle Kevin. Thursday, Matt and I went to Sam's Club with my grandparents to stock up on some necessary bulk items to take with us. After several $$ later, we stopped by Hacienda, too! Friday was the infamous ice cream supper with dad's side of the family. And Saturday, we had one last large family get together before we take off. Matt's parents, and my family all gathered together at Grandpa's house for a delicious meal.


Just look at our handsome chef!




And our dessert... Grandma's peach pie and Truffles cake? Mmm mmm mmm!



And then Landon and I enjoyed some camera time. Have I mentioned how much I love this kid?!


He cheesed with Grandma...


And Dad and Benson played...


Good night? I'd say so..

Outside of the family get-togethers, Emmy has been enjoying her runs with Matt again. Just look at that face after coming in from a run.


And to leave you on a funny note, Matt accidentally sat in some water. So I went to snap a picture, and got Emmy in the middle of the act. Oops!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. And your uncle allowed YOU to keep the WHOLE LEFTOVER PIE (even after Grandma suggested that it could be shared!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE reading your posts. So happy you and Matt have had a chance for quality family time - more memories to take with you on the next journey!

    And I'd say it's tough to share any homemade desserts! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...